I offer family therapy for families desiring to address life transitions, roles, boundaries, other aspects of family structure, and positive communication. I work with traditional as well as families of adoption, blended or step families, gay or lesbian families. I also work with young people in the launching stage and those families living with ADHD (parent or child or both). I utilize somatic, family systems, mindfulness, collaborative problem solving, narrative and experiential therapies and coaching to insure that people are able to learn and practice new patterns in ways that work for them.
My goal is to assist you in improving your family function using genuineness, compassion, understanding, strengths, supportive structure, and celebration of the contributions of each person.
Services for Families and Children:
- Positive communication
- Positive Parenting Education
- Creating unique and effective family structure (boundaries, roles, beliefs, values and rules)
- Behavioral management
- Support for life transition/ adjustment
- Skills for handling difficult emotions
- Conflict resolution
- Reducing the effects of life stressors
- Responding to grief or loss
- Parenting in blended families, step-parenting.
- Addressing childhood trauma
- Raising special needs children from a strengths-based perspective
- Navigating educational systems with special needs children.
- Raising amazing children with ADHD
- Spouses with ADHD (one or both)